South-East Queensland is at the forefront of an active HEMA movement Australia-wide, with strong relationships also with major international HEMA figures. This enables us to participate in local, interstate and international workshops and competitions, such as:
- Australia Day Tournament and Fightcamp (Adelaide SA) — January
- Festival of the Sword (Melbourne VIC) — April
- War in the West (Perth WA) — May 2019
- History Alive QLHF Cup (Brisbane QLD) — June (no event 2018)
- 400 Years Tournament (Melbourne VIC) — July
- Sword Fight (Gold Coast QLD)— July
- Swordplay 17 (Brisbane QLD) — August/September
- World Broadsword Championship (Sydney NSW) — September
As details of these events are released each year links can be found on the Australian Historical Fencing League circuit listing.
SEQ fencers have competed in the Swedish annual event called Swordfish, held since 2006. This is one of the biggest HEMA tournaments in the world and is generally considered to be the “world cup of HEMA”.